Wednesday 14 March 2012

Pewter and Pearls

When it comes to jewellery I like simple pieces with meaning behind them (although the bloggers beads necklace was not simple at all!!!).  I have been collecting some beautiful but tiny freshwater pearls in hues of greens and blues and also some nature themed pewter charms.

The first thing I made was this stretch bracelet in shades of the sea and a summer sky.  I added three lime green pearls to bring attention to the beautiful honey bee and remind me of the fresh greens of springtime.  The honey bee represents nature and that hard work reaps rewards (gathering pollen to make honey).

Talking of bees, I may get the opportunity to train as a bee keeper in the near future.  I am looking forward to the prospect of  harvesting the honey to spread on my toast!

13 comments:

  1. Such beautiful colours!
    Looking forward to drooling over your homemade honey then :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty! I love the reasoning behind it all too! Good luck with the bee keeping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful little bracelet, the colours are so pretty!
    Training as a bee keeper sounds wonderful!!!
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty indeed. The bee keeping course sounds interesting, hope it all works out.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty bracelet - I love the honey bee. How wonderful to learn about beekeeping:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful bracelet, I love the bee. I'm fascinated by beehives and bees. It would be very interesting to learn to be a bee keeper, so I look forward to hearing all about it if you decide to become one!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. very pretty Simone, I love the subtle colours. And I have always been very interested in bees and bee keeping, what a great thing to learn!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, hope you get the chance to do the bee keepers corse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty little bracelet Simone, enjoy wearing it.

    Aren't you lucky with the Bees? I hope it goes well for you.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet and simple. Love those colors and that little bee. So excited that you're going to get to train to be a beekeeper! I'd love to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a very sweet little bracelet ... they're my favourite colours.
    Good luck with your bee keeping. Our neighbour keeps bees and produces honey. Sadly, it's not for me, I don't like honey, and I get frightened when the bees swarm!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely bracelet this is, Simone. Learning to be a beekeeper would be so interesting! Have you seen "The Secret Life of Bees"? I loved that movie.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty Simone, and gorgeous colour pearls. I love bees, and can't wait to have the honey variety buzzing around the garden again. x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!