Thursday 1 November 2018

Painting in the Dark

I never seem to have good enough lighting.  Today was cloudy and overcast and I resorted to working under lamplight.

I am looking at my photos on here and feel embarrassed about showing my work.  I wanted to make an angel Christmas card and sketched a few 'cute' images.  I painted her using water colours and used a fine liner pen for detail.

I always feel let down that the image I want to present isn't the one that I end up with.  I think she has 'character' even if the painting skills are a bit wobbly.

11 comments:

  1. Well I think she's lovely ... and as for the light, I'm afraid we'll have to wait until spring for that but the solstice is only 7 weeks away so that will be a start!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Vivienne. Not too long to solstice! :)

      Delete
  2. There is no need to feel embarrased Simone, this is an original image from your own imagination and it is very appealing. Have faith in your ability my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creatng in low light has obviously inspired you, your little angel is lovely and has made me smile this mornig:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to have made you smile Rosie! :)

      Delete
  4. You are WAY too hard on yourself, Simone. What we see is of course not what your mind's eye had seen before she came to life on the paper. But what we see is cheerful, elfin, joyous, and as Rosie has said, brings a smile. I think there's a bit of Simone in that little angel. I think perhaps your viewers would agree.
    As to the light, none of us seem to be getting enough of that these days. So we must work to kindle our own. Thank you for sharing yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon. I think there is a little bit of me in the things I create. That is what makes it so difficult to be under scrutiny! If the image makes people smile though, then it is good enough for me. :)

      Delete
  5. I think is super sweet.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!