Tuesday 6 August 2019

Hatfield House Gardens Part Four - The Final Part

I hope you have enjoyed these last few posts about Hatfield House and the gardens.

I was certainly inspired by my visit and have taken ideas from the house and garden to apply in my own home.

I didn't grow any nasturtiums this year and this display of them in the kitchen garden have reminded me to grow them again.  I think the cream ones are especially delightful.

They were growing various varieties of runner beans including purple podded ones.  Next year I think I will grow them up a framework like that shown above.

Great face on the a pillar of a gateway.

I think this plant is eryngium or sea holly.  The insects loved it!


 A lovely entrance to the gates.  Look at all that perfumed lavender either side.

 A gently bubbling water feature.

 A beautiful modern sun dial.  We couldn't see a shadow due to cloud cover.

 Calming water ripples.

Flower beds inside the kitchen garden and some lovely painted hen houses.  Chickens were seen but were elusive when it came to taking their pictures.


10 comments:

  1. Lovely images, I can see why you were inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos Simone, I've enjoyed this set of images and I can see how the things that caught your eye would inspire you in your own garden. Love the water features and the sun dial and also the chicken houses:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosie. The gardens had a little bit of everything, formal, informal, ornamental, kitchen garden etc. I liked little bits of each part. :)

      Delete
  3. Yes it looks a very inspiring place ... I love it when you visit somewhere and want to try a little bit of it at home. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Vivienne. I have noted some of the plants grown there to grow in my garden including a white cosmos and tobacco plant. :)

      Delete
  4. Hello, I've just discovered your lovely blog and I've been having a mosey through your posts. Your photos are stunning! I too enjoy reading classic literature and visiting historic buildings. Do you have a following. I can't see one anywhere. Best wishes, Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane! Thank you for your kind words. I have no idea if I have a following anymore and just tend to blog when I have something to say or show!

      Delete
  5. I absolutely love this garden! Kitchen gardens are always my favorite kind. (Nasturtiums!).

    Thanks for letting me armchair (desk chair) travel!

    Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne! I am so pleased that you loved the garden! Inspired by you and the garden I have just bought some cream nasturtium seeds to sow next year and I can't wait! :)

      Delete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!