Saturday 20 March 2021

What Is This Blog About?

Thank you to friends old and new that come to my blog.  I don't know what the expectations from me are and I have stopped trying to fit in or blog about what I think will be popular.  It may be confusing to some people who haven't followed me for the last 13 years.   I blog about things that interest me at the time and I occasionally put up a YouTube video that has sparked an emotion in me such as the Cliff Richard song that I posted yesterday.  The song took me to a time of innocence and beauty and a sense of what might have been.  It meant something to me.

I don't post as often nowadays as I only post if I have something I want to remember on this on line diary.  Early blogging posts were mainly around what I had been making and doing - crafts/baking etc.  Sometimes I would feature my garden or my cat Gizmo or days out and about.  Occasionally I did giveaways.  The early blog was done for others and now I do it for me.

If you like what I write about or the photos that I post that is a bonus for me but not a necessity. 

I may venture into making YouTube videos in the future (or maybe not!) and if so I will let you know here on the blog.





8 comments:

  1. You are so right to do it for yourself Simone!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed your blog since I discovered it. It doesn't matter how much or how little you post or even if it is something that is of particular interest to me. I enjoy getting to know other people and your blog lets me get to know a little about you. I also like the thought of a blog as an online diary. I would like to do more in that direction with my limited blog. It's nice to be able to look back on your life and see what you were doing or how you felt. Making YouTube videos sounds like fun. If you do make some I hope you will post them. I wouldn't know where to start with something like that.

    I love that you have a cat named Gizmo! When I was very young my favorite toy was a stuffed monkey that I named Gizmo. I still have him and I've always loved that name.

    Keep blogging whether it is once a week or once a month or simply when you feel like it. I'll be reading. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouraging comment Bonnie. I like that you have a toy monkey called Gizmo! x

      Delete
  3. I always enjoy seeing what your posts are about, Simone. Sometimes your art and craft work, sometimes your garden and I like to hear about Gizmo too. Take care and I believe I need to wish you a Happy Birthday for this coming week?:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosie. I am sure you know my blog very well by now! Thank you for the Birthday wishes too. x

      Delete
  4. Hello my friend and very happy birthday to you!
    I'm always delighted to find a new post. I truly enjoy peeks into your days, what you're up to. Your photos are amazing, your art inspiring. But looking isn't enough. I count myself richer and so fortunate to have gotten to have bits of conversation, moments of sharing, hugs across the miles. Please just continue to be yourself when you blog, Simone. I feel as if I've had a good visit with a friend when you do.
    Hope you can celebrate your special day. Love and good wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sharon and thank you very much for the Birthday Wishes! I am glad that you feel as if you have had a good visit with a friend when you come here. I hope you are doing well at the farm. I remember fondly when you had just moved in and was planning on what fruit trees to purchase and going through a catalogue to pick out your chickens. Seems like a lifetime ago now! Take care. :)

      Delete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!