Thursday 22 September 2022

Some Thoughts


This year on a whim I started a YouTube channel.  I thought it would be fun to document what was going on in the garden and take videos rather than just putting up photos on here.  I did used to update my Sybil's Plot gardening blog but as most people come to this Linden Grove channel, I stopped updating on there.

I put up my first YouTube video in the Spring called A Small Suburban Garden in Greater London May 2022.  After that a few more garden videos were created - 6 in total under the playlist In the Garden on my channel.  Then we had the drought.  I totally lost interest in the garden.  Many plants died due to lack of water and the only thing I really had success with was tomatoes and *roses which I watered as much as I could. 

Feeling despondent about the garden, I put my attention back to Art and Paper Craft - the topic that the Linden Grove blog started out on back in 2008.  With a renewed vigour for the topic I started to make videos about things I was making and as of now have uploaded 17 Art and Paper Craft videos under the playlist Art and Paper Craft  I recently changed the name of the channel to Paint-Cut-Glue with Simone as that is what I mainly do.

I expect not everyone is interested in my YouTube topics and I will try to post on here in between uploading my videos if I have anything worth mentioning.  If you do watch any of the videos it would be helpful to the channel if you liked, subscribed or left a comment over on YouTube.  It costs nothing to sign up to YouTube or to subscribe.

At 12.00pm tomorrow I have a scheduled pre-made video coming up.  It is a very short video, less than 2 minutes.  After that particular video I will be focusing on collage made with my own painted papers.  Hope you give it a watch, or any of those I have uploaded.

 * Desdemona photographed today.


6 comments:

  1. I always have a wee look at what you're up to over on You Tube. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vivienne! I have a wee look what you are doing on Instagram via Twitter! x

      Delete
  2. I enjoy your little videos Simone, you explain things very clearly as you show the different processes you use. I will look into YouTube, I very rarely go there but perhaps I should. I usually only use blogger and facebook. Have a good weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosie! I've been watching YouTube videos for years and have learned so much from the platform. I recently subscribed to a person from Indonesia who puts up videos of birds singing their beautiful songs! I am sure you would get some value from it if you target things you are interested in. I hope you have a good weekend too. x

      Delete
  3. Just been over to see your YouTube channel and loved what I saw . YouTube is such a fantastic place for ideas and how to do's.and lots of other things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beverley. I am still a novice at making YouTube videos but we have to start somewhere don't we? When I want to learn something YouTube is my 'go to' place! I loved your dolls house on your blog yesterday. It must give you so much joy adding to it and making it just how you want. x

      Delete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!