Tuesday 27 November 2018

Classic Fiction

I've not read a book in ages.  In need of some healthy escapism between book pages, I took myself off to the library to seek out a book by Charles Dickens.  I was looking for 'A Christmas Carol' for although I know the story and have seen the film versions, I have never read the book.

Better than finding 'A Christmas Carol', I found a book called Dickens at Christmas which not only contained A Christmas Carol, The Chimes, The Battle of life, The Cricket on the Hearth and The Haunted Man but also stories that he wrote for the special seasonal editions of his periodicals.

I was going to start to read the book on December 1st on the lead up to Christmas, but knowing how slow I read and the fact that I only have it loaned for 3 weeks (it has been reserved) I am going to start to read it tonight.


10 comments:

  1. Just right for settling down to read when the nights are dark and cold:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I am looking forward to reading in the evening, if I can stay awake! :)

      Delete
  2. What a great find - it is somehow comforting to read stories you already know and the Christmas stories are just perfect for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not heard of some of the stories I mention but look forward to reading them! :)

      Delete
  3. I hope you are enjoying your reading matter, what an excellent book to choose.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the moment I am reading a story in the book called 'The Story of the Goblins who stole a Sexton and it is not very festive at all! In fact, it is quite chilling! x

      Delete
  4. Don't let the chill factor put you off! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stories have been a bit scary so far! :)

      Delete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!