Sunday 18 November 2018

A Long Walk

I went for a long walk today.  I didn't intend for it to be a long walk but I got stuck on a path and had to keep on going until I reached a sign post!  In all I was out walking for two and a half hours.  I was completely alone for most of the journey - not a soul to be seen and hardly any wildlife too.  When the occasional dog walker passed by I breathed a sigh of relief.  Being alone isn't a problem, it is the thought of being mugged or attacked that is.  Part of the walk took me deep into woodland and I'll admit that I muttered a few prayers under my breath as I trudged on not knowing what I was walking towards.  I was unsure what path to take once the path widened and branched off into different directions.  Luckily I got my bearings and chose the right path.

When I eventually arrived home I was relieved to be unscathed by my journey in the wilderness!

10 comments:

  1. Looks very pretty Simone but I can imagine how scary it would have been on your own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Vivienne. I walked for miles!!! :)

      Delete
  2. Best take a map with you next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Simone, I know that feeling of walking alone and not quite knowing where you are, it is very unsettling even the most mild and gentle places seem to take on a weirdness. I'm glad you found the right way home:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I would find my way eventually but there wasn't an opportunity to leave the path until I had walked a mile! :)

      Delete
  4. I would not feel safe on my own out walkng as I am terrified of dogs off the lead. (I was attacked when I was 6 by two very large out of control Alsatians and the scars remain). On the other hand I do like getting lost as you come across the most interesting places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must have been a horrible experience for you. I would like to have had a bit of an explore around the place but didn't have the courage to do so! :)

      Delete
  5. Goodness me, sometimes being alone is just what we need, other times more human sightings would be most gratefully received!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!