Sunday 13 January 2019

Keeping on Track

Since January 1st, I have walked over 33 miles (53 kilometers) so I am well on the way to achieving 10,000 miles this year if I keep this up!  I have tried to vary the walks I do each day so that walking around the local area doesn't get boring.  I walked past this sign and door for a tea room.  I have never seen this before.  I will have to pop in during one of my walks and see what they have on offer.

This month I seem to have hit the ground running.  I have so much to occupy my time but it is all a good kind of busy.  I am feeling energized and positive more than ever. I just hope that my good mood continues!

I received 'A Mindful Day' daily calendar for Christmas.  It contains meditations to inspire peace and balance.  Here is today's offering;

I can be free from my prior circumstances.
I can live in my deepest vision.
I can live the life of my dreams.

Sounds good to me.


10 comments:

  1. I have walked 34.9 miles so far this year, so we're both on track Simone!! :)
    V x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was over enthusiastic today and feel like I have worn out my right knee! I'll have to ease up a bit tomorrow! :)

      Delete
  2. The tea room looks interesting, you will have to wxplore it on one of your walks. Well done on what you have achieved so far:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I popped into the tearoom today as I wanted to find out about art classes in the adjoining room. It was lovely except that in over one hour they had no visitors. They had no info on the art classes either and the organiser didn't turn up! :)

      Delete
  3. Good luck for your walking goal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Toffeeapple. I am trying to get as much walking in now in case I lag behind later in the year:)

      Delete
  4. Hooray! Very well done, my friend! What a lovely way to start a new year, with resolve and results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen. I have got off to a good start and intend to keep going in that direction :)

      Delete
  5. Somewhere in cyberspace my comment went astray. (unless it was deleted by you, Simone!)
    I too have been trying to walk though my goals are much more modest. Though Jerome likes to walk our meadow path, I find the ground too uneven while it's frozen, shocking my ankles and knees and hips and always looking down at my feet. I prefer striding along with my head up on our country road. Though there are no unique diversions such as you find in your urban rambles, I try to find variations in the buildings and fields or spot birds or just enjoy the vista despite its familiarity. I am so proud of you! Please post more lovely photos for us to share in your experience. You have a good eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No deletions from you here Sharon! Yes. There is always something interesting to find even in an urban setting :)

      Delete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!