Wednesday 24 July 2019

Staying Productive in a Heatwave

Long time readers of this blog will know how much I hate hot, humid weather.  I tend to get up early and keep the curtains drawn for most of the day only opening them much later on.  I've been flagging these past two days but today decided to use my time productively.

I tried to ignore the heat as I watched YouTube videos on the desktop computer.  Focusing on how to make a beaded wirework bracelet I totally immersed myself on learning how to do it.

I'm very happy that the day wasn't wasted and looking forward to making more bracelets like these  and developing my skills further. 

*You may have noticed that I have made my font larger so that it is easier to read.

8 comments:

  1. Your bracelet is lovely Simone ... we are eventually getting summer here but not as hot as you folks in the SE!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vivienne I am sure that my house is the hottest in all of the South East region! We have no north facing windows at all! I hope that you get the sunshine you wish. x

      Delete
  2. Your bracelet is so pretty and I love the way you have photographed it against the natural green background so it looks cool during the heatwave, after today it seems from the forecast that it is going to get cooler again. Thank you for the larger font, so much kinder on my elderly eyes:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosie. I am yearning for cool colours right now. I am glad you like the larger font. It definitely makes the text easier to read. x

      Delete
  3. Wow! Your photos are stupendous! I am totally in love with this bracelet. What a wonderful result of taking refuge indoors. I'm eager to see where you go from here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon. I was pleased with my efforts! :)

      Delete
  4. You learned the craft well Simone, your bracelet looks lovely with the cool stones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Toffeeapple. The cool coloured stones were lovely to work with. :)

      Delete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!