Friday 27 September 2019

Catching Up

I thought I would drop by before you forget me.  It is a sobering thought to know how quick we are forgotten and replaced by other interests and priorities.  One reason for my absence is my time has been taken up with selling on line - choosing, photographing, uploading, weighing, wrapping, going to Post Office etc.  As I don't have a job I am looking for ways to earn an income and selling my outgrown or less loved items is a way of generating some pin money.  The little rag doll above was bought on a whim a few years back but she spends her time packed away so it is time to let her go.

October is fast approaching and I feel like I am being swept along the year.  I have so many projects I want to start and a couple of new hobbies to try too. The trouble is I am never in the right frame of mind to do anything.  Today in particular I feel so lethargic.  I hope this is temporary.

Last week I revisited an old haunt - the vineyard.  I've not been for a few years and I went to help out with the harvest, volunteering on a couple of days.  We worked in pairs and chatted our way along the rows snipping off the bunches of grapes - Ortega and Pinot Meunier.  There is still grapes to be picked over the next month but I doubt I will return.  It was a non profit organisation when I started back in 2011 but it has become very corporate and doesn't feel the same to me anymore.  It was back breaking work and I wondered why I was even there (apart from catching up with an old familiar face.)

That is all I have to say for now.  I hope that Saturday is dry.  I have windfalls to collect, leaves to be swept and a general garden tidy up is required. 

15 comments:

  1. I hope its dry too Simone, wishing you a productive weekend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a dry Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Toffeeapple. It will give me a chance to get some things done in the garden.

      Delete
  4. Everytime I am thinkng of you and wondering you appear. So glad you have stopped by to say hello again. Sometimes too many ideas can be a bit overwhelming - at the moment I want to make winter dresses for my grandchildren, finish the knitted jumper, design the Christmas card and make some calendars - I end up doing none of these!! A dry weekend would be lovely I have things to do in the garden.
    The rag doll is adorable - how can you part with her - I would have her on display somewhere - but I know what you mean about having to get rid of things that are just packed away - she will bring joy to someone else. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for thinking of me! I do feel overwhelmed at the moment and a bit headachy too. The rag doll has a lovely face but I was never really happy with the rest of her! Have a lovely weekend Vivien. x

      Delete
  5. Good to hear from you Simone, I always find this time of year quite unsettling neither summer nor properly autumn. I hope your sales are succesful. Sometimes returning to a place you know and seeing how it has changed makes your spirits low. Let's hope for a dryer weekend so we can get out in the garden and start clearing up for winter. Take care:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rosie! It's raining! I don't mind too much as I already picked up some windfalls this morning and I have ironing and jobs to do indoors. Have a lovely weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Simone! I'm glad you're having fun with your clearing up and making some money in the process. And it's good that you got to catch up with your friend at the vineyard. Being able to know for sure how you feel about a place is good, even if you no longer feel connected to it.

    Hope you find some dry days to work outside!

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne not sure I am having fun with clearing up but making a little bit of money is good! I do miss some of the experiences I had at the vineyard but a lot of what was planned never came to fruition - being trained as beekeepers, having horses pull the plough between the rows of vines, becoming biodynamic etc. I now need to find somewhere to 'fit in' once more. I hope your weekend is going well. :)

      Delete
  8. Hello Simone, I haven't forgotten you! I still read your blog but life's hard here too, wish you lived nearer and we could have a good old moan! I have also been selling on Ebay and clearing the clutter. Hope things look up for you soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to hear from you! I'm a right old moaning Minnie!!! Wish you still blogged as you always wrote fun posts. Ebay has become so time consuming as I look around the house for things to sell. I hope that you are doing well on there. Take care and keep in touch. x

      Delete
  9. some times just a change in scenery helps but as you say if it doesn't feel the same place best not to revisit. Autumn is well and truly here now, we have a busy few weeks with a family wedding and a short break but I am sad to see the leaves turn , it will be winter before we know it and I hate going to and coming back in the dark! I wish I was motivated enough to sell some unwanted items, I am such a hoarder! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lyn! The leaves are still green here but it is starting to smell mushroomy! I don't envy you going to and from work in the dark - hopefully you don't have to travel far. I'm still a hoarder! x

      Delete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!