Sunday 23 September 2012

Contented

I took this picture of Gizmo a few weeks ago.  A shaft of sunlight exposed his ginger fur through the bushes and although the title of this post is contented, I think he was quite disgruntled at being found!

Contented.  Such a good word for describing where I am at the moment.  Today the weather has been appalling.  It is dull and overcast and has rained consistently.  It is the kind of weather that gives most people the hump quite frankly!  The strange thing is that although the day is dark and cloudy I feel particularly sunny on the inside.  The Autumnal Equinox was definitely a turning point for me and I feel so more settled now it has arrived.

By contrast, yesterday was a beautifully crisp and cool sunny day with a vivid blue sky.  I mowed the lawn and had a general garden tidy up.  The last of the blackberries were picked and the branches cut back.  I can now let the garden have a good rest until the following Spring.

Back to today.  I jogged to the shops (mainly because it was raining) and bought provisions for dinner.  I came home and cooked a roast beef dinner with all the trimmings and made a pumpkin pie for dessert.  The home feels cosy and inviting and I thank my lucky stars that I have a roof over my head and do not have to contemplate a night outside exposed to the elements.

I have much to be grateful for and recently came across the quote 'all things that are beautiful - think on these things.'  That is what I intend to do.

13 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling positive and content! I love that quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely picture of Gizmo, is he fully restored to health now? It's good to hear that your are contented, I hope it stays that way for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a lovely weekend Simone and are feeling contented. :)
    As for Gizmo, he looks like a little lion lying in there in the shade.
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you are feeling sunny on the inside. Autumn is a lovely season and we can charge our batteries over the winter.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must be missing something as your picture of Gizmo has not appeared on my screen for some reason! I love your cat so much because he is the spitting image of my dear cat Tiger, who lived until he was 22 years old and I still miss him so much but seeing yours gives me fond memories.
    Glad you are feeling contented - what a lovely quote to live by - have you put it in your Tome for Life?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a lovely weekend, great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are feeling contented, Simone. Sounds like you have had a productive weekend. Hope Gizmo is well now:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely picture of Gizmo. Your pictures are so clear. What camera/lens do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful cat you have. And I liked how you spent your afternoon. Autumn coziness. Perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Content is a very round and cosy word I think.
    Mmmmm roast beef, love it!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you're feeling content again, Simone. I certainly understand the ups and downs and I think that I'd rather trudge through the lows and get to experience the highs than to just coast through a boring middle ground.

    Your cozy, autumnal day sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you're feeling positive and content - I'm sure the weather has a lot to answer for!
    Gorgeous photos of Gizmo!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy to hear you're feeling so well. That's the magic of the season, I think. Nice to see Gizmo again. Dovey sends him her greetings. Prrr.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!