Saturday 30 March 2013

Florabundance

Another chilly day but the grey cloud has been interspersed with sun.  I didn't venture outside but decided to play inside with my beads instead and came up with a new bracelet design 'Florabundance'.   It really was a labour of love in terms of time and effort but I am pleased with the end result.  I showed it to my husband who said it 'had a lot going on'.  He has a point!

A stretch bracelet that is chock-a-block with Lucite flower beads and glass crystals.  Three pewter bees 'nestle in' among the flowers.  I really enjoyed designing this bracelet and hope to start putting this type of creation in my etsy shop which I have sadly neglected.

As you can see from the photo above, my plum tree has started to blossom.  Sadly there isn't an insect in sight to pollinate it at the moment.  I may have to appoint the help of a paintbrush to aid the pollination!

Until I hear the bees buzzing again and the birds singing, I will seek solace in creating gardens to wear in the form of jewellery in a bid to hasten their return.

11 comments:

  1. That is so pretty
    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Simone! As well as in season!Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so pretty, a productive way to spend a cold afternoon.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful Simone, just the tonic for this chilly spring! You definitely should make some for your shop!
    Happy Easter,
    V xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is beautiful Simone, I am a bit fed up of the snow now and want the bees to return!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty bracelet, Simone! You have blossom on your plum tree? There is nothing at all on our plum tree, no signs of life at all, I do hope it has weathered the winter and will blossom forth soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. "florabundance"
    great word.
    Take heart, Simone. Winter is indeed over. Haven't we both said we need to slow down? Perhaps spring feels the same way this year. Let's enjoy every tiny morsel.
    Sending Happy Easter greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous bracelet Simone - so pretty!
    It must be a good sign surely that there is blossom on your tree? I wish it would warm up!
    Happy Easter to you and your loved ones
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just gorgeous Simone:) I need to find out where to subscribe as I keep forgetting to check your blog. I do hope warm sunny weather is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, your bracelet is like a beautiful garden, Simone. I can see that you put a great deal of work into it and it is so lovely!!
    Thank you for your comments on my blog, and a very Happy Easter to you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is lovely, Simone! A lot going on is a good thing in a garden or, as in this case, in a bracelet!

    Hope your bees arrive soon!

    Happy spring to you!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!