Tuesday, 21 May 2013

Zentangle Cat

As jewellery making has become my new 'obsession' I thought I would give it a rest today and do a bit of zentangling instead.  Zentangle is the 'official' word for doodling.  It is a kind of meditative form of art when you can go into a zen like state.  I really enjoyed doodling this cat and he seemed to come alive the more I embellished him!

If you or somebody you know are looking for a new, relatively inexpensive hobby I recommend giving Zentangle a go.  All you require to get started is a good quality smooth paper and a couple of fine liner pens.  It can be very addictive!

8 comments:

KC'sCourt! said...

Your cat is wonderful. I have come across Zentangle before. I think it is fun to do.
Julie xxxxxxxxx

Rosie said...

What a wonderful, decorative cat, Simone. The art of Zentangle looks far more than just doodling:)

greenthumb said...

The cat looks gret.

Paula said...

That's beautiful Simone. You could make prints of that for use in greetings cards.

Helen Philipps said...

Your cat looks amazing, Simone. Certainly not just doodled....it looks very impressive :)
Helen x

rusty duck said...

Productive doodling. Much better than I used to do in boring meetings!

Leanne said...

that is one beautiful cat and you are very artistic simone!

Leanne x

Puppet Lady said...

I can see how relaxing this must be. Clever you!