Friday, 26 July 2013
I got through the course without any major mishaps and thought they were over zealous with their safety measures until today! I was taking my son's bike out of the shed and wearing flip flops at the time. A mallet came crashing down from a worktop as I wrestled to get the bike through the door. It narrowly missed my foot and I thought that it may have been a good idea to have had my safety boots on.
This afternoon as I looked through the window to the garden I caught Gizmo staking out a rodent on the grass. I ran outside to rescue the creature and it ran and hid under a shrub. Gizmo continued to be fascinated and wouldn't let it be. I stuck my hand inside the shrub to retrieve the animal and as I did so - it bit me!!! I was so scared as blood had been drawn. I ran inside the house crying whilst running the hot tap water over the wound. Terror ran through me as I realised that the 'rodent' was in face a brown baby rat! I went to see the pharmacist and he told me to get to the GP or A & E as quickly as possible and have a tetanus injection. Lesson learnt from this experience? Do things sooner rather than later.