Thursday 20 February 2014

Minature Grumpy Babushka Doll

With many jobs needing to be done, I decided to put housework aside and make a mini Babushka style doll using my grumpy girl  as inspiration! Can you believe it was almost 5 years ago that grumpy girl came into being?

As you can see from the above photo, she really is very small and I had to sit by the light of the window to make the tiny stitches.

I embroidered her face freehand and my goodness hasn't she got the grumps? She is quite lovable really though and I enjoyed bringing her to life!

5 comments:

  1. Despite being grumpy, she is very cute! :)
    Happy Thursday Simone,
    V xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so sweet, bit grumpy, but so sweet. She is wonderful
    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my - she is a crosspatch, ha, ha! Is she like a worry doll? X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vintage Tea Time! I guess she is a sort of a worry doll although I have now made dolls with happy faces and they are lucky mascots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is grumpy! I too wondered if she was a 'worry' doll:)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!