Monday 9 June 2014

Joy in June - Chocberry Muffins

Baking is something that brings me joy year round.  I developed this recipe combining two of my favourite things to eat - chocolate and berries!  I used milk chocolate chips and blueberries but raspberries or blackberries would be just as good.  You will need a set of measuring cups.  Don't forget to level off the dry ingredients with the back of a knife in the cups.

Chocberry Muffins

Ingredients
2 cups plain white flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 level tsp salt
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sunflower oil
1/3 cup milk
2 medium eggs lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
Handful of chocolate chips
Handful of berries

Pre-heat the oven to 190 degrees

Method
Place nine paper muffin cases into a muffin pan.    Stir the first six ingredients together (which are the dry ones).  Mix in the rest of the ingredients apart from the choc chips and berries.  Stir until just combined - do not over mix.  Fold in the chocolate chips and the berries.

Place heaps of mixture into paper cases and cook for about 25 minutes until firm, well risen and golden.

Cool on a wire rack

*  I did a similar recipe click here that used wholemeal bread flour instead of plain white, butter instead of the oil and blackberries.  They are both equally good so take your pick!

7 comments:

  1. Awe I wouldn't mind one (maybe two) of those right now with a mug of tea Simone!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a wonderful baker, Simone! Everything you bake looks so delicious. I would love to try one of these right now with my coffee! Thank you for sharing the recipe :)
    Hope you have a happy week.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pass the muffin,
    The blue one with stuff in,
    And a nice cup of tea,
    That'll do me.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm...they look delicious, Simone:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must try these they look delicious and I always have Blueberries in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great combination, may have to give these a go!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!