Today is my sixth day. The pages have been built up in the following way;
day 1 - stick down paper
day 2 - add paint (I used acrylic)
day 3 - add marker pens
day 4 - use stencils
day 5 - add collage items (I used reproduction Victorian scraps)
day 6 - use rubber stamps
day 7 - still to be decided but I will probably use water colour pencils.
This challenge has taken me right away from my comfort zone using materials that I am not totally confident with. By day 2, I was dismayed at how the pages looked and by day 4 wanted to throw the whole lot away! After I used the collage items it seemed to bring things back into balance for me again. I have no idea what the plan for these background pages is as yet. I am glad that I continued with the challenge and am quite pleased with my first proper attempt with mixed media.