Thursday 20 April 2017

Handmade Joy Exchange 2017

Anne from My Giant Strawberry hosted the Handmade Joy Exchange 2017.  The aim of the exchange was to make something with love and send it in the post and to receive something handmade by another participant in return.  I got out my Indian wood blocks and fabric paint and hand stamped a pre-made bag for Danielle in Ohio.  I also made a zip tassel and included one of my frog bookmarks and small hand stamped card.  I  had previously stamped a similar bag for myself to store my pencils and sketchbook in.  You can see the bag here.

  This is what it looks like from behind!

 
Inside the bag I stamped a little green frog walking down!

The beautiful string of freshwater pearls was my exchange gift from Bella.  She hand knotted between each pearl and added a silver clasp.  She knew I liked multi-coloured pearls as I had commented on one of her blog posts previously.  Thanks to Anne for hosting such a joyful event even if it did mean putting my thinking cap on to know what to make!

12 comments:

  1. Love the stamping but especially like the little frog bookmark. Beautiful pears too, I'd say it was a good swop.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful gifts...you were very lucky to get each other by the look of things! :)
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful exchange, Simone! Your bag and bookmark are lovely! I And such pretty pearls! It's such a nice project - I did it also! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful gifts. Looks like a wonderful swap,the things are gorgeous.

    Julie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely present - I love the colours and the printing to make it unique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't resist that little frog you added in the inside. Delightful! As is the whole thing! Such a generous and thoughtful gift, Simone! Thanks so much for joining in the exchange!!

    Wishing you even more joy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely gifts Simone - I love any kind of block printing, so I really like what you made. And the freshwater pearls you received are just beautiful. It's been years since I joined in with a blog swap, so I must keep my eyes out for one!

    Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such lovely gifts--sent and received!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great thing to do and gifts both sent and received are lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful handmade gifts you gave and received Simone! Love how you printed your fabric and then made the bag...that is truly creative work. Have a happy weekend.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. I’m so glad that you like the necklace and feel comfortable wearing pearls – the pleasure is truely mine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful gift sent and received. I love the muted colours of the pearls. You both put such thought into your swap.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!