Saturday 11 November 2017

Treats

I have been looking for a 'signature' fragrance for a long time and thought I would try sample sizes of the whole range of Walden's natural perfumes.  They wasn't cheap at £30.00 for five 5ml bottles and as yet I am undecided what I think about them.  The scent seems to evaporate within about half an hour but I am sure it would last longer if I used an atomiser rather than dabbing it on from the bottle.  I was attracted to the company as they do not test on animals and they make by hand in small batches with the finest quality natural ingredients.  I will persevere trying them.

The chickpea flour cookbook excites me!  Who knew that chickpea flour is gluten free, grain free, low-glycemic and high in protein, fibre and iron?  Well, I never knew!  With recipes such as cinnamon apple fritter puffs and ginger scones with chickpea lemon curd, I am looking forward to making them and testing them out.

Other treats over the last few weeks have been the Psychologies magazine which always opens my mind and leads me to finding out about new things; Happy Wax melts shaped like little teddy bears (I have yet to bring myself to watch them melt in the burner) with wonderful autumnal scents such as apple harvest, cinnamon chai and pumpkin souffle.

Last but not least is the stack of kraft paper journals that I 'needed' but can't remember why! I am sure I will put them to good use!

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely collection of things! We have similar tastes I think :)

    I am not able to wear most perfumes that you can buy in the shops. My body has some kind of weird reaction to them and they end up smelling really awful after about half an hour as well as making me feel ill. I have found that I can only wear perfumes that have a very simple one note fragrance so these ones you have pictures here might be okay. The Green Tea perfume from L'Occitane is my favourite perfume that I've tried so far. I only have a tiny sample bottle of it, but it's lasted me ages.

    Enjoy your weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of lovely treats here Simone! I hope you can find the right perfume for you. Have a great weekend xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so pleased to see that your quest to focus on you is continuing in such interesting directions. Keep it up, girl. You encourage us all.
    happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of lovely treats Simone!
    Chickpeas are very versatile, you can use the water from a tin of chickpeas to make meringue which I find amazing!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those perfumes look interesting - I will have to google them to find out more. I don't find perfume easy I am not keen on most scents on me they tend to give me headaches. I found one by Ortigia called Zagara - it is Italian and I tend to wear this most of the time now. It is a citrus scent rather than flowery.
    Chickpea flour is really good as is Buckwheat which I thought was gluten free too. Let us know how the recipes go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely treat. Hope you remembered what the journals were for

    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely treats, Simone and so unusual too. I don't think I could melt those teddies either:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think little "treats" are just what we need at times. I tend to be very careful with money, but get a real lift out of a treat or two once in a while!! Glad to see that you are continuing with self care, Simone. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the sound of the scents of those melts, pure autumn.
    I didn't know all those things about chickpea flour either, certainly good to know, thanks for sharing.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!