Friday 19 October 2018

Christmas Cards in October

I hate seeing Christmas stuff in the shops so early but it is a reminder for me to crack on with cards if I want to have them ready in time for Christmas.  Each year I leave it too late and end up rushing them and not enjoying the process.  Today I thoroughly enjoyed making my 'Lords-a -Leaping' frog card and spending time colouring and fussy cutting him out after stamping.

I made the goose card yesterday.  You can't see the Merry Christmas very well in the picture but it is heat embossed in silver and looks good in natural daylight.

Here is a close up of the feet and eggs enhanced by a little bit of strategically placed glitter.

6 comments:

  1. They are lovely Simone! I agree I don't particularly like seeing Christmas too early either but if you're handcrafting you don't really have a choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vivienne! My cards don't look too 'Christmassy' at the moment so I don't mind making them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cards, Simone. Like you I don't like Christmas to be seen around too early but making things at home is different and has to be started early. I love the goose and the icy twinkles around its feet:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The icy twinkles make me feel a bit chilly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been very productive, I’m still trying to ignore the fact that Christmas is fast approaching! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My enthusiasm is waning a bit now Lyn! x

      Delete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!