Saturday 10 November 2018

Multiple Landscapes

I've been trying out something different today - painting multiple landscapes at one time.  I painted straight onto paper without sketching first which is new for me.  I am the world's biggest critic when I look at what I have produced but know that many artists have a lot of work that they reject before putting their best work forward.  I am hoping that the more hours of practice I put in, the better my work will be.

I enjoyed the process of painting today - despite the outcome and time completely ran away from me.  Time to make tonight's evening meal now and put the paints away for another day.

14 comments:

  1. I think that is a great way to practice and it helps to get a feel for using watercolour to create the effect you want and along the way you have produced some lovely little pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vivien. I always seem to have to have more than one thing on the go! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement Toffeeapple!

      Delete
  3. It sounds as if you have really enjoyed your experiment, Simone. The results are lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did enjoy the process Rosie. Thank you. :)

      Delete
  4. Displayed on my card stand in my studio is a card you made and sent me in June of 2012. It is a scene of tiny buildings on a patchwork field. Ever since receiving this work of art I've thought you have a singular gift for little outdoor scenes. The works you share in this post made me gasp and then my heart sang. More, Simone. Paint more. Did not sketching first free you? The results are indeed free. A lovely gift on a cold, snowy, grey November in the driftless region of the USA. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Sharon although I do not recall the card I sent you. I am gladdened to know that you have my card on display though! Keep safe in cold, snowy and grey Wisconsin. I bet it looks beautiful though! :)

      Delete
  5. These tree lined scenes look gorgeous, they really capture the essence of winter's beauty.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa. I used sparkly paint so they really twinkle in the light! x

      Delete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!