Friday 14 March 2008

Craft Evolution





I was sorting out my craft-come-junk room the other day and found a box of things I had made many years ago. It was very strange looking back on things I once enjoyed making. In my time I have made salt dough and fimo models, painted on stones, tried silk painting, glass painting, encaustic art, rug making, paper making, paper pricking, embossing, parchment craft, cross-stitch, embroidery, knitting and crochet to name but a few! I no longer hold a passion for any of the above crafts apart from cross-stitch and embroidery.

My passions now lie mainly with creating things from paper and other textiles and dabbling with water colour painting from time to time. I have a whole heap of scrapbooking projects to do but can never bring myself to start!

Who decides when certain crafts become unfashionable/fashionable? I wonder if in a few years time I will look back and think I once enjoyed papercrafting and embroidery but no longer do. Will they continue to bring me creative fulfillment? I hope so.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Simone!
    It looks like it must have finally worked for you to leave a comment on my blog, since I now have one. :)
    And now I got to check out your blog, too!

    I can't wait to try the recipe you posted, it looks yummy. And are the kitties in this post painted on rocks? They look so cool!

    I am big into scrapbooking, but I totally know what you mean about all the big projects and not knowing where to start. I finally cleaned a lot of storage out and put all the things for my scrapbooks in one place and organized into piles, so hopefully that will get me started.

    Have fun with your blog, I'm looking forward to watching it grow!
    -Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it strange how tastes change? I came across my craft box from home (ie, eight years ago when it was one small box)and as much as I liked the things I found, i didn't want to do more.
    Those little fimo babies are adorable! And the angels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!!!! those kitties are just sooooo cute!!! so you do such a variety of goodies!!! i can't wait to see what else :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so weird, I was googling my blog craftevolution.com and I found this post and. . . we have the same name. How bizarre is that.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!