Friday 6 January 2012

Bloggers Beads

I have been thinking about my word for the year which is create.  I have also been thinking about Clare's word for the year which is connect.

Linking these two words together I have a proposal that I would like to submit to you. (That sounds very formal doesn't it?)  My goal is to make a necklace using a bead from each blogger that has previously contributed to this blog.  The purpose of this necklace is that I can create it knowing that it is made with good intent and a connection to each and every one of you that leave me such kind and encouraging comments.

If you would like to play a part in the creation of my necklace, which I intend to wear every day, then please send me an email at simone.lindengrove@gmail.com so that I can let you have my address details.

I request just one bead from each of you, although you can send more if you wish.  The bead can be made of glass, plastic, ceramic, wood, metal etc, new or old and of any shape you desire.

When I have received an adequate amount of beads I will set to making a necklace.  I know that this will be a necklace that I will cherish as there would have been so much thought that has gone into its creation.

As an incentive for doing this, I will draw a name from all the participants and make the winner a little something, yet to be decided. I will keep this open for about a month to give people the time to send their beads to me.

I do hope that you will join me in this venture.  I can't wait to see what the finished product will look like!

Edited:  If you are unsure of what type of bead to send, I would request something that represents 'you' and your taste.  As long as it has a hole in it for threading then it is fine!

23 comments:

  1. May I join in.........?
    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea - you can count me in as I am sure I can manage a bead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a lovely idea, Simone :)

    i would love to send you a bead or two.
    it might take me a while to arrange posting it though, so glad you've given us a bit a time.

    sending warmest hugs xxx

    sumea

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant idea, I'm definitely in Simone!

    Happy weekend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful idea, Simone! I'll be happy to send you a bead for your blog necklace!
    Have a happy weekend.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Count me in please Simone, I'll email you. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure I can find a bead or two in my stash! What a lovely idea!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh what a great idea! I have you address all ready so will send a bead ASAP!
    xxx
    Any colour preference?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simone,
    Just the idea of your throat encircled by the love of all of us around the world brings tears to my eyes. Yes, yes, I'll contribute.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea, I love it. I will send you a bead.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Simone,

    I will be happy to send you a bead x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Count me in, Simone!!
    I had your address but can't locate it, so would you please give it to me again? Thank you!
    What a lovely idea! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Simone, definitely count me in, too! What a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely idea! I gave away most of the beads I had last year but I'm sure I can find the odd one somewhere. I think I still have your address from when you won my giveaway so I'll package something up for you next week:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's a lovely idea.I ma sure I can find some. Will email you x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome Idea I've been wanting to connect to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy New Year Simone!
    I think I've your address already :)
    Michela x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd love to send you a bead, as I know you'll create something lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Simone,

    What a wonderful idea!! Can the bead be a "non-bead"... that is, an object that could go on a necklace but is not a bead?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Simone, I'd love to join too. I meant to do so earlier but forgot, hope I'm not too late,
    Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Simone I'd love to send you something , hope I'm not too late x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely splendid idea. Makes me very happy to think of you wearing it too! Hope I'm not too late.

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh this is a gorgeous idea Simone. i have not really been blogging as much these days and i missed this. the necklace you have created is just gorgoeous. I would have loved to send you a bead but at least i know you have the handbag i made, so the connection is there x
    hope all is well
    with love
    Ginny x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!