Monday 27 May 2013

Butterfly Ball

Wouldn't this bracelet be just perfect for a summer garden party, a Beltane celebration, or even a butterfly ball!  Zingy summer colours, vibrant green glass pearls, millifiori beads and glass crystals shouting out 'look at me' and vying for attention.  The pewter butterfly helps to tone down and unify the bracelet.

Sometimes I like to work on 'fussy detail' as in the bracelet above but when I am working with natural gemstones I feel that the beads don't need further embellishment.  I have been putting together sets of 'transitional' bracelets that go from summer to autumn.  They come in sets of three and include stones such dalmatian jasper, serpentine, picture jasper and rose quartz.  They will be in my etsy shop over the coming days.

If you are reading this, it would be nice to hear from you!  Just recently I am having a lot of visitors but not much in the way of dialogue except from my regular contributors.  Some 'old friends' drop by but never comment anymore.  I guess it is inevitable when there are so many blogs to choose from. 

Thank you to everyone who comments here (nice or constructive ones only please!)  It brightens my day and I hope that I brighten your day a little too!

9 comments:

  1. Your bracelet is gorgeous.
    Julie xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely bracelet, Simone. Its colours are certainly those of summer sunshine and parties in the garden! I've noticed comments on my blog are dropping off too - especially on my post before last for some reason. I hope it is just because it is better weather and holiday time and not something I've inadvertently said or done. Your blog and your visits to mine always brighten my day:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A summer garden party! That would be nice! When we get a decent summer's day! It's a pretty bracelet to buy in hope, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Simone! I hope your back is feeling better. I just found out that my poor toe is broken. Geez! Spring is the worst time for this sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colours of this bracelet are so summery, indeed!Summer party, coctail party, any party would do!Don't worry about the comments!It happens to everyone!I only have comments from the same people everytime, but I think that this is more important than having only random readers commenting. It shows that there's been a kind of relation established and my way of thinking and photos are truly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bracelet look wonderful you have a real talent for it, I know what you mean about the lack of comments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Simone, beautiful, you captured the spirit of summer really well in it. How are you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! I do still pop by all the time, I'm just not good at commenting all the time though, always flying on to the next thing. Lovely colourful beads!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm very sorry to read this Simone, I've just left you a comment on your newer post about this...i really wish days had more hours because recently i had to give up with blogging, I'm not updating my blog since last November and i check my reading list every 15 days at least..shame on me :(
    The transitional bracelets put a smile on my face, I think your blog is a bit transitional too, since you're a great observer :)
    x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!