Wednesday, 25 November 2015

A Crafty Christmas

It would be so easy to pop to the shops and buy a pack of Christmas cards.  In fact, that is what I usually do.  This year though, I am going to endeavour to make as many of my own cards as I can (I will still be using shop bought too:-)

Inspired my my lovely new set of wood block stamps, I created background papers using up paints in my stash and recycling old papers, writing, music sheets etc.  I then used acrylic paint to print the message and added some glitter.  I cut around the images and stuck them onto linen card stock.

As a fan of the clean and simple style of cards I am quite happy to leave a lot of white space around the central image.

Well, I'd best crack on now.  I hope your week is going well.

***************************

13 comments:

Blogoratti said...

Clean and simple works out just good. Greetings!

greenrabbitdesigns said...

awe they're lovely Simone!!! :)
V x

KC'sCourt! said...

They are gorgeous
Julie xxxxxx

Gillian said...

They look really lovely.

sharon said...

fun, fun, fun, Simone... enjoy the process and the result.

A Joyful Cottage said...

Charming cards. I'd be thrilled to get a card like this from a friend. Have fun! xo

Lisa said...

Elegant and stylish.
A terrific crafty success.
Lisa x

Julia said...

Oh very clever Simone - very envious of your wooden blocks!

Julia x

Bev C said...

Hello Simone,

Your friends will really appreciate those cards made with love.

Happy days.
Bev.

Rosie said...

The cards are lovely, Simone, so festive:)

Anne Butera said...

Looking lovely, Simone! Glad you're feeling inspired and have been spending time in your creative space!

Judy Hartman said...

I love a lot of clean white space, and your design is lovely, Simone. How fortunate will your recipients be!! xx

Ann said...

Love my card Simone - my first and taking pride of place on the mantlepiece! Thankyou. x