Sunday 19 June 2016

Baking in Not so Flaming June

I blew the sugar free diet out of the window a few weeks back.  I know I can lead a completely sugar free life if need be but I have chosen not to.  We all need a little sweetness in our lives right now without going overboard dipping into the cookie jar, but something sweet does help to satisfy a rather bitter feeling that has been present in the last week or so.

Today the sun popped by to say hello.  I went outside to greet him with the lawn mower and shortly after we parted ways the dark cloud brigade floated on in.  I got back inside the house before the rain troop and decided to bake a peanut butter chocolate brownie with white chocolate drizzle. Not a very seasonal dish but comforting none-the-less.

For many reasons this has been one of the strangest Junes I have ever encountered.  Let's hope the latter half of the month takes an upturn in fortune and the summer decides to pay us a visit.

7 comments:

  1. That looks and sounds utterly delicious xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wet again here today! The bake looks lovely and sounds delicious and is just the right thing to cheer you up in this less than summer weather:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that does look good Simone, everything in moderation is what I say!!!
    And yes some summer sunshine would be good!!!!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its raining here, even the picture has cheered up the day.

    We all need sweetness I agree

    Julie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh heavenly wow! Thanks for the shot of pure deliciousness
    and yes, I'm so with you, I know that sugar-free is pure
    health goodness but, my God, life is short and sugar is a fine
    way to toast the day sometimes! Your image is proof positive.
    I don't want to miss all of that all of the time.
    Bravo for indulging from time to time:)
    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does look delicious and I don't think I could ever live a sugar free diet!! June has indeed been a bit of a wash out hasn't itt? Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cutting down on sugar is probably something we all need to try and do, but a piece of cake now and then is surely a necessity of life!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!