Tuesday 15 November 2016

Recycled Wooden Card Display Box

I've been experimenting to find the best way to show off my mini cards.  Space is premium at the craft fair with just a tiny 4 x 1½ foot table.  I was so delighted to find this display case (among the junk that I hoard) which originally contained two bottles of wine.  I think it look really classy - better than showing off the cards in a plastic basket.

I hung up a piece of bakers twine and used mini pegs to make 3 cards the focal point on the lid of the box.  I could take time at a later date to paint the box but I rather like the teak colour.

It has been so busy at home recently that I have found it difficult to comment on your blogs as I usually do.  Hopefully when Saturday is over normality will be restored and I will be back to visiting and commenting on your blogs once more.

8 comments:

  1. Perfect!

    I wouldn't paint the box though, its just perfect as it is, The show nicely

    Julie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck for Saturday

    Julie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Box looks perfect... we struggle with a 6' table so I feel your pain!
    Wine boxes without lids also make good mini shelves on their sides...I suggest you buy more wine!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful box and just perfect for your pretty cards.
    Best wishes for Saturday Simone, I'm sure you'll lovely makes will be a big hit!!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The box is perfect for your cards and I like it as it is now natural and unpainted. I hope all goes well for you on Saturday, I'm sure all your lovely hand made items will fly off the shelves - well your 4 x 1.5 ft table:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these boxes, they always look so useful and you have found a really good use for yours! I like the baker's twine idea too! Good luck for the craft fair!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. It makes a beautiful display case - I like the natural wood colour too.

    Best of luck with the craft sale, you've worked so hard Simone - I hope it all goes well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's just the thing for showing your cards off. What a great find at home!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!