Sunday 8 January 2017

Word for the Year Suggestions




As I said in a previous post,  my word for the year - consolidate - came easily to me on this occasion.  In previous years I have struggled to come up with a word that had any significance for me.  If you are struggling to come up with a word this year, I may have some suggestions for you.

Searching through the Wild Wood Tarot cards, I noticed that words on some of the cards could be used a a source of inspiration as a word of the year to live by.  If I hadn't already chosen 'consolidate' I am sure I would find an applicable one from the words listed below:

Generosity.  Rebirth. Transition.  Home.  Attraction. Clearance. Empowerment.  Joy.  Happiness. Dedication.  Balance.  Tradition.  Fulfilment.  Celebration.  Challenge.  Creativity.  Respect.  Abundance.  Rest.  Reunion.  Heal.  Protect.  Journey.

Do any of the words resonate with you?  

I have found that by choosing a word each year it has helped me to stay focused on what I wanted to achieve that year.   Last year's word was 'advance' and I 'advanced' in many ways getting out of the rut that I had slowly been slipping into in previous years.  Advance was a good word for me in 2016.  Here's to 2017!  A new year and another word to live by.

4 comments:

  1. absolutely Simone...here's to 2017 and all that can be achieved !
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some interesting words in your selection, Simone. I really need to declutter this year so I would choose clearance:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simone, I love all of these words!!! I have already chosen my word (actually a phrase) and I'll post it soon on my blog, but I may use some of these words in my art journal! Thank you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Simone! I am a bit behind on commenting as life has been a bit hectic lately, but I always read and enjoy your posts. Best wishes for 2017 x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!