Thursday 19 July 2018

Mood Boards Can Work

I started a mood board back in April.  I had a vision in my head about how I wanted the house and garden to look and feel but was unable to explain this vision to my husband.  It has really helped him to understand what my goal is and if he shares the same one too!  Fortunately we seem to be on the same track with a little compromise.  I had bought some Hibiscus Trionum seeds to add something different to the garden.  I put up a picture of what they should look like on my mood board.

 As you can see from this picture, I now have them flowering in my garden.


I have mentioned on here before that I love Indian hand block printed cotton quilts.  I already had two that were throw sized but wanted a double sized one.  I printed off a picture of the exact quilt I wanted and bought it!  You can see it in the photo below.

I need to make some adjustments to my board now tweaking some original ideals and adding some new ones too.  I really believe that there is value in mood boards helping to stay focused and work towards a goal.  You can have a mood board about anything.  My next one will be on my creative goals.  Have you ever tried creating a mood board and did it help in achieving the outcome you wanted?

7 comments:

  1. Well they have certainly worked for you Simone, well done on growing the hibiscus, it is so pretty and I love your quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really have helped Vivienne. The Hibiscus flower only lasts a day and it is also known as flower-of-an-hour as they don't last very long!

      Delete
  2. I always have a mood board or vision board on the go - it is amazing how much of it comes to fruition.
    Love your Indian throw it is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mood board is such a good idea. I can't wait to start another one now!

      Delete
  3. Your mood boards have certainly inspired you to bring items of beauty into your home and garden, the hibiscus and the quilt are both lovely and must make you smile every time you see them:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rosie! I am gradually working my way around the house and garden replacing things that no longer serve a purpose with things that I truly love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic idea. I use Pinterest when I need inspiration for any decorating we are planning. I find it useful too to be able to show Graham the thoughts I have knocking around my head! I've barely been near Blogland since my 50th birthday so am trying to catch up with everyone's news.
    LOVE your new quilt.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!