Wednesday 11 July 2018

Resurrection

I left this blog on a whim and I have come back on a whim!  I missed this space.  It was very quiet over at my new blog with sometimes just two ghostly visits a day! So there is no goodbye from me but a big new hello instead!  My late Nan never like the term 'goodbye' and would always finish up a phone conversation with cheerio for now.  She hated the finality of goodbye. I know it isn't the best of times to come back with a blog as the blogging world seems to shut down for summer.  Well, I am bucking the trend and jolly well blogging regardless!

In April I quit my job.  I gave it a year but was truly unhappy.  Just before the interview I knew I didn't want the job. Because I wasn't really bothered about it I relaxed at the interview and even joked around a bit (well they did say they wanted someone with a sense of humour!) I was shocked to receive a phone call later that day to be told I had got the job!  I started work within weeks and each weekend I was going to quit but decided to give just one more day, week, month....... until I had been there a year.  Now I am back to square one without an income, which is the only part of the job I miss.

Today is cool and cloudy and I love it! The incessant, unrelenting heat and humidity had gone on for weeks and it broke yesterday.  I am so much more productive in the cooler weather and don't feel as though my brain is being fried!  I may get out in the garden later and have a bit of a tidy.  The grass doesn't need cutting as I now have hay instead!  We could really do with a good downpour.  I miss having green grass.

Oh, one more random thing, last week a drone flew over my garden and then stopped to take pictures of me hanging out the washing.  How scary is that?

    18 comments:

    1. Swings and roundabouts. Work brings in the money but no time for what you want to do. Personally I'v always prefered to manage on less rather than work. What a dilemma, when I worked I used to look outside and wish I was at home and when I was at home I thought I should be working. LOL
      I wouldn't have liked that drone, spooky.
      Briony
      x

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thank you Briony for the first comment on my relaunch!!! x

      ReplyDelete
    3. Welcome back Simone. Lovely to see you here. You gave the job enough time even though you knew that it wasn't for you, leaving was the best thing for you to do. Much cooler here today too, I don't like the sound of the drone taking a photo, very weird:)

      ReplyDelete
    4. Thanks Rosie! The drone was very unnerving. I thought it was going to fly at me!

      ReplyDelete
    5. If only that drone would do the work for you! Lovely to have you back. ☺

      ReplyDelete
    6. Thank you Kay! Yes, I wish the drone could do the work for me as long as it gives me the earnings!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Lovely to see you back again Simone. How horrible to know that someone is taking photos of you in your own garden - no privacy anywhere these days is there?

      ReplyDelete
    8. Hi Jane. Thank you for the welcome back. Luckily I haven't seen the drone since but if I do I will be reporting it to the police.

      ReplyDelete
    9. Well its lovely to be back here commenting on Linden Grove again! :)
      We had rain today but to be honest i wasn't best pleased as I love the sunshine and heat!
      I had to laugh at the drone incident....my husband has a drone which he loves, I expect he too freaks people out with it. :)

      ReplyDelete
    10. Hello Vivienne! I hope that wasn't your husband spying in on me!!! I wouldn't have minded so much but it was only about 10 metres from my garden and had the audacity to stop and record me!!! x

      ReplyDelete
    11. Ew.
      Drones and technology.
      They can be helpful or they can be creepy!

      We had a dreadful heat wave as well. So glad it's over for both of us.

      :-)

      ReplyDelete
    12. Hi Karen! Nice to see you over here. :)

      ReplyDelete
    13. Lovely surprise Simone to see you back here - I had missed the goodbye initially and only just saw it a couple of weeks ago because I thought there had been a longer than usual silence from you. I had followed you over to Sybil's plot.
      I too have handed in my notice at work and will finish on last day of July after 19 years - it is also my wedding anniversary that day! I will definitely miss the income and cannot draw a pension for another two years so it is bread and jam for us!
      looking forward to your posts. Viv x

      ReplyDelete
    14. Hi Viv! Lovely to hear from you again. Enjoy your last day at work! I bet you have plenty to do without having a job to get in the way! Have a lovely wedding anniversary. x

      ReplyDelete
    15. What a sweet little cat, Simone. Glad you're back blogging again. Do whatever makes you happy. You'll figure it out!

      ReplyDelete
    16. Hi Anne! Lovely to see you have a new blogging space too! :)

      ReplyDelete
    17. Hey blogging pal. Love to see you back. Yes, a drone over your private space is frightening. Makes you want to give up nude sun bathing. Just kidding!!!!!!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hi Sharon! I will definitely have to give up the nude sunbathing!!! :)

        Delete

    Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!