Tuesday 9 October 2018

A Bake Break

I was in the middle of the major tidy up when I received a newsletter from Anne Butera. Her newsletters are always a joy to receive as she makes spreading joy her business!  Her newsletters inform of the projects she has been doing, the things that bring her joy and links to other people's inspiring/interesting blog posts, recipes, book recommendations and more!

One of the links today was for a recipe for 5 ingredient beer bread.  I stopped what I was doing, made up the mixture in 5 minutes and then put it to bake for 45 minutes in the oven.  I resumed tidying up and then rewarded myself with some beer bread, chunks of cheddar cheese and a crisp Cox's apple for lunch.  The bread was delicious but more like a corn bread consistency than a farmhouse loaf.  I enjoyed it just the same especially as it was so quick and easy to do.  Would make a nice accompaniment to any dish that requires a bit of substance to go with it especially if you are a little bored of quinoa and chia seeds!

If you would like me to forward you Anne's latest newsletter via email, where she puts a link to the beer bread and another one too - Honey Butter Beer Bread - then please let me know in the comments section below and I will send you the email.

10 comments:

  1. yes yes,, I would love to try to make some beer bread though I have no beer in the house!!
    email: lolitamilbeth@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have forwarded the newsletter on to you. :)

      Delete
  2. Looks delicious, Simone and so easy to make too. I had bread, cheese and an apple for lunch today too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Simone, for the shout out. I'm glad you enjoyed the bread. I loved that the bread is so quick and easy. It goes wonderfully with some soup for a cozy fall meal.

    Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Anne. I think I will be making the bread often. I may even add some chopped fried onions or cheese to the crust! :)

      Delete
  4. My husband made beer bread once and it was awful, I guess something went wrong as yours looks delicious...would love the recipe, thanks. xx (johnsonbase@hotmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ethel! It is so easy to make - really!!! I have sent you the email with the link. x

      Delete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!