Sunday 14 October 2018

Cards by Candlelight

Not quite candlelight but I have been working under a lamplight!  It gets dark quickly now and daylight hours are short.  I made this card at my newly tidied craft space.  Night fell before I could photograph it so I am putting up this picture now and then may put up another one when I am able to take a picture in natural daylight.

It is such a pleasure for me to work in such a tidy space.  I know some people prefer to work in chaos  but I really don't!  Making this type of card is meditative for me.  I get totally immersed in creating the embellishments, coming up with a pleasing arrangement and putting it all together. 

10 comments:

  1. It looks great Simone! Did you tidy everything aqay after finishing? Got to keep things neat and tidy ready for your next project eh?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane. Ahem. Just going to do that now!!! Thanks for keeping me in check! :)

      Delete
    2. Good girl! If you can make a habit of clearing up just as you no doubt do in the kitchen after making a meal I am sure you will find more time for crafting. Not that I can talk my crating space is often a total tip!

      Delete
  2. Awe its lovely Simone and I love the light on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks beautiful in this light - it gives it a candle lit glow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It does have a warm and cosy look about it in this light. :)

      Delete
  4. Cards by Candleight conjoured up such a lovely picture in my imagination, your card by lamp light rather than candlelight is lovely, your new tidy workspace obviously inspired you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie. It is so nice to have a tidy spot to create in :)

      Delete
  5. I'm totally smitten by this technique of candlelight photography! Leave it to you, Simone, to come up with such a brilliant idea. The card itself is pretty special, too.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!