Saturday 2 November 2019

Spoon Decorations

YouTube is a great resource for learning new things.  I made these mixed media decorations from watching some tutorials.

They were enjoyable to make but labour intensive having to wait overnight for various stages of glue to set.  They took about four days total!    I am having a go to see if they will sell on eBay but I doubt they will make me a fortune!

 They are really bling and will catch the Christmas tree lights giving extra sparkle.

 I don't usually do bling but make an exception for Christmas.

The spoons are plastic but have been repurposed.  They are still have some weight to them due to the glass cabochon and crystal stones.

Do you have a preference for Christmas tree decorations?  Do you go for bling or the more natural look?  I have some ideas for making some other types of decorations but would be interested to know what you are drawn to.  I know woodland animals are popular (I like them too) but when something becomes mainstream I tend to go off it for a while!  I look forward to reading your suggestions.

11 comments:

  1. Truly beautiful. I've always preferred handmade ornaments for our Christmas tree. Taking them out every December fills me with such a wash of nostalgia and emotion. It's a visit with old friends. Dear family. My years as young wife, new mother. And sparkly is delightful with the fairy lights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon. Good to see you here! I have some Thomas Paconi glass ornaments and each year I look forward to seeing my favourite ones as I take them out of the box. I bet your tree looks wonderful with all the handmade memories. :)

      Delete
  2. You are, as ever, so skilful - I am sure they will do well on eBay - I still have your beautiful fairies you once made. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember those fairies! I bet they look a bit primitive now! Hope you are having a good weekend Vivien. x

      Delete
  3. Those are the best! I don't decorate, in any way, for Christmas but I would certainly love to have some similar to those for other occasions.

    Do your remember your Grumpy Fairy who lives with me? She still makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Toffeeapple! Good to have you drop by! I do remember the grumpy fairy. I am glad her grumpiness makes you smile. Maybe I should redevelop the grumpy fairies or have naughty ones instead! :)

      Delete
  4. Gosh they are gorgeous Simone!!
    I'm pretty traditional when it comes to Christmas decorations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vivienne! I do like a traditional bauble! x

      Delete
  5. The spoons are lovely Simone, so delicate and different too. I bet they will twinkle and glitter on your Christmas tree. My favourite decorations which we use every year are our collection of papier mache balls with scenes painted on them and my little gold birds with feathery tails:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the sound of the balls with scenes painted onto them Rosie. Birds on the tree are always good - I have a sparkly one that sits on the top of my mini tree. My Mum used to have the metal clip on ones with feathery tails too! :)

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!