Tuesday 30 June 2020

Rose Quartz

Started a new target of eight pieces of art work in four weeks.  This time my theme is crystal healers and the first one is Rose Quartz.

Rose Quartz is the stone of love associated with the heart chakra. Its energy is emotional, loving and sensitive.

This series of paintings will differ from the last ones as I am using gouache paint (much more chalky than traditional water colours) and smooth hot pressed water colour paper. 

I had a large piece of rose quartz stone present when I painted this to get the love vibe! 

*Edited:  Was about to pull this post as I really am not happy with this painting.  The paper was cut too small and I lacked concentration whilst I was painting.  My son said I should leave the post here to see my progression and that is what I am going to do.  One step forward, two steps back.  That is how we learn! 

10 comments:

  1. Simone, she is lovely, I guess you managed to hit the vibe of love! Have a great summer! 😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hej Bella! Jeg håber, du også har en dejlig sommer!

      Delete
  2. And of course your son was correct ... it is a very pretty little painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a wise head on young shoulders! :)

      Delete
  3. Crystal healers is an beautiful theme! I love this first one but it will be interesting to see what you change. Your son is wise to suggest you leave this one here in order to see your progression!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to this theme Bonnie! My son is much more logical than I am! :)

      Delete
  4. That card is so lovely. Yes that is how we learn

    Julie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a card Julie but I could see it as a greeting card! I must be learning a lot as I make a lot of mistakes! Hope you are well. x

      Delete
  5. It is as lovely as the previous ones Simone. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vivien - but when placed side by side with the others it is definitely lacking! x

      Delete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!