Sunday 4 October 2020

Back where I started

 

I have enjoyed playing and creating with paper for years.  Back in 2008 I shared my first paper person tag here and in 2014 some gift tags here

There are many examples of my papercraft  and collages on the blog and you can find them under labels of papercraft, tags, craft etc., Back then I used printed papers and coloured card-stock.  Nowadays I paint my own papers and create with them instead.  I really feel that I have evolved creatively since those early days but miss something of the charm and innocence of those simple characters.

My watercolour painting has gone on the hold for the time being whilst I reconnect to my first love of playing, cutting and sticking paper.  

The picture above is my most recent work.  It is not complete yet as I need to add some finer detail. 


8 comments:

  1. What a lovely autumnal scene Simone!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a wonderful picture that really gives the feel of the Fall season! I love the colors and I can imagine the crunch of the leaves under the girl's feet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bonnie. I love the colours of the fall season too. :)

      Delete
  3. Ooooh, I love to see where you're going with this. I love all things paper too and when I'm stalled with other art forms, it's comforting to pick up the bits of paper again. Hope your autumn is going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon. As you know I have always loved my paper! :)

      Delete
  4. This is really lovely, Simone! Can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne. That is very encouraging for me to hear! :)

      Delete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!