Tuesday 27 April 2021

Bloggers Bead Necklace of 2012

 

It was June 2012 when I requested a bead from each blog reader, so I could make a bloggers bead necklace.  Can you believe that it was almost 9 years ago?  I can't!!!

Nineteen readers participated from here in the UK and around the World.  Sadly very few of them continue to blog.  Did you send in a bead or two?  Can you see it here?  It was so much fun to receive the post and find out what treasures I had been sent.

The blogging community was generous in spirit and I felt very much part of it.  It is good to have happy memories to look back on.  Many of the beads came with an accompanying letter and I have them to this day.  I think I should put the letters together with the necklace as they complete the story.  

Thank you to everyone who took part.


12 comments:

  1. Simone! I had forgotten all about that lovely idea. I see my bead and Anne's crocheted flower, too. What a terrific project and how good it is to see it again. Hope when you wear it it encircles your spirit with the love that came with each bead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a fun project Sharon. I was most surprised by how many people actually wanted to be part of it. I don't wear the necklace as it is far too long but have it as a keepsake and a fond memory.

      Delete
  2. Gosh I do remember that Simone .... 9 years ago, that is scary, where does time go!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful thing that was to do in celebrating your blog friendships! That was before I started blogging but I certainly would have sent you a bead if I was around then. It must be wonderful to hold it and think of each friend as you look through the beads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bonnie! It certainly has meaning to me.

      Delete
  4. I do remember the bead necklace, I can't remember if I sent you some at the time but I think I did. How lovely that you still have both the necklace and the letters:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosie - yes! You did send me some beads but I can't remember which ones exactly! I am glad that I have the necklace as I have lost touch with many of the contributors who no longer blog. :)

      Delete
  5. I had completely forgotten about that, Simone! I see my little daffodil! And maybe a green glass bead? :) Time sure flies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your little daffodil is perfect Anne. I remember when you used to crochet delicate bracelets and necklaces! Hope you have a good weekend. :)

      Delete
  6. Nice to see you back. I've been away for a few weeks too
    I sent some beads too. Think I sent the elongated turquoise one and perhaps one other.........
    Was it nine years ago, I remember doing it but cannot remember when

    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie! There was a time when I could recall who sent which bead! I am afraid that I can't remember them all anymore. Thank you for being part of the necklace! x

      Delete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!