Tuesday 31 August 2021

Still Decluttering and Dismantling

I deleted my previous post about collecting ideas etc rather than things as I wasn't happy with it and didn't like the scrabbled together photo (just in case you wondered where it went!)

It is a long hard slog but I am still dismantling my crafting life and selling/getting rid of things that no longer bring me joy.  Today I boxed up a lovely selection of yarn to sell on eBay and a smaller lot of cotton yarn (for making the dishcloths that I planned to make and never did.)  I hope that someone appreciates the yarn - especially the golden yellow yarn that I had planned to use in making dolls hair.  So many plans unfulfilled.

Now I am down to a partially made scarf and the wool to finish it and then I have no more yarn left in the house.  I have already sold most of my fabric.

I have made a start on de-cluttering my linen cupboard, wardrobe and drawers. It is liberating but a little upsetting too as I cast off the old me and my old ways.  Collectable dolls have been a hard wrench to sell.  My doll collection has cost £100's over the years and now they are virtually worthless.  The second hand market is saturated with them.  I wish I had invested in experiences rather than 'things'.

This isn't meant to be a depressing post, it is just a reflection on letting go of dreams that perhaps weren't really my dreams at all.

I am looking forward to a fresh new perspective on life without all the clutter dragging me down.    Until then I will continue to streamline my 'stuff'!

By the way, a little thank you is well overdue to those of you who take the time to comment.  I know there isn't really anything to comment on a lot of the time, but to know you are there gives me the incentive to get things done.

12 comments:

  1. Simone I enjoy hearing about your progress on the changes you are making in your life. I very much admire what you are doing as I know it is not easy physically or emotionally. I have some antique dolls that were passed down to me. I can't bear to part with them but there is no one in my family interested in them. It is hard to let go of such items. How are you doing with selling on eBay? I have not tried that but I have a lot I could sell.

    You continue to be an inspiration to me with all you are doing. I'm sure you will be happy and at peace with the results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bonnie! I think if you get joy from keeping your dolls then keep them! I do OK on eBay but get nowhere near the money I spent on things. I am glad that you find me an inspiration Bonnie - that is all the incentive I need to keep on going with it! I do believe I will be happy when the clutter has gone. x

      Delete
  2. You are so brave. I know you are right though. I should make a start on mine but am wondering if my Grand daughters will take it all on when I depart. lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Briony! I hope you are fine. I was sorry to hear about Tom and hope he is doing well . I wouldn't recommend getting rid of things for the sake of it - especially if they bring you joy. My 'stuff' wasn't bringing me joy anymore! Take care of yourself. x

      Delete
  3. It's always lovely to hear from you Simone and thank you so much for your recent birthday wishes. Tackling a little bit each day or week is a good idea. It is sad sometimes to pass things on, we are in the process of doing that at the moment. All Paul's stone age tools collection has recently been donated to a museum and there are many more things headed for similar places. Take care:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A stone age tool collection sounds fascinating Rosie! The museum is a wonderful place for them as they will be kept safe for future generations to see and enjoy. I hope you are having a nice week. x

      Delete
  4. Letting go is a hard process but I imagine how light and energized you'll feel once you are finished, Simone. Give yourself time and space and dream new dreams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne. It is good to hear from you. :)

      Delete
  5. Something that Wifey is doing now..... "Oh my God, I had this with me and I never knew..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is surprising how many things we accumulate over the years! :)

      Delete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!