Friday 6 August 2021

Follow On Post


A few photos of last week's visit to the City of London.  I loved the sky in this photograph with the billowing clouds.  The sky looks huge even with the buildings towering up below  This was taken just outside Liverpool Street station on the Bishopsgate side.

The building above is Spitalfields Church.  My Great Great Great paternal Grandparents were married there.  Such an impressive looking church especially for humble working class people such as they were.  I didn't go inside.  I always feel uncomfortable in churches.

Outside another church I found this well maintained cultivated space secreted behind a hedge.  A place of reflection or respite perhaps.  I didn't notice a man sleeping on the next bench who my son pointed out to me before I got snap happy with my camera phone.  London is a place of extremes in fortune and misfortune and everything in-between.
 

6 comments:

  1. Oh I enjoyed these Simone! Thank you for sharing. That first picture is almost magical with the beautiful clouds over the towering buildings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bonnie! I did this post with you in mind. x

      Delete
  2. The sky in your first photo is wonderful up above the tall buildings. Great atmospheric and contrasting image. Glad you enjoyed your day out:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just a few hours out Rosie but it really did feel like freedom and I think my feelings were more acute than usual. :)

      Delete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!