Saturday 22 January 2011

Thank YOU

I would like to say a big thank you to everybody who took the time to respond to yesterdays post. I took on board the advice you gave and went for a brisk walk, bought a bar of chocolate and a couple of packets of biscuits, settled down with a magazine and rounded off the evening with a nice glass of red wine!

I did something else too. I did something on impulse. Now this will make you laugh! I started thinking about people who have an upbeat and positive attitude and the first person to come to mind was Uri Geller! Without further thought I sent him an email (never sent him an email before or visited his website) asking him how I could increase happiness in my life as I was feeling so down. Well, within 10 minutes he had responded to my email! He said I should think positive and inspire myself to help others. He also said to put myself into an 'attitude of gratitude' and recommended that I read the free book 'little book of mind power' on his website.

I was encouraged by his email and did indeed look at his book recommendation and found some good advice listed there. I recommend that you go and pay the website a visit if you are looking for guidance as I was.

Regarding the 'attitude of gratitude', I do believe that I am grateful on a daily basis. I know how lucky I am but sometimes need a gentle reminder. Sometimes my feelings of inadequacy are overwhelming and I don't trust my own judgement. Anyway, enough about me! In order to show my gratitude to all of you that regularly leave me supportive comments, I will be doing a giveaway very shortly. I don't know what it will be yet but probably something along the lines of what I have shown here. It may be some doggy or kitty cat tags, or some note cards, or some house gift tags or something I have cross-stitched, or something entirely different.

Thanks again for all your support. I truly am grateful. X

17 comments:

  1. So glad you are feeling so much more positive today Simone! :)
    I love all your gorgeous makes, very happy little creations!!
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uri Gellar !!! I can't believe he was the first person who came to mind lol.. I am glad that he responded and helped you though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you do make the most charming things Simone..i love the cute tags and houses and the cheerful froggy :o)

    the Uri Gellar site sounds really friendlly.
    sounds like you had a fun time sampling the advice from your commenters too.

    to me it's my children, grandson and all our lovely furry friends that make mme feel happy and flowers always do the trick if i am feeling low.

    wishing you a lovely weekend xxx

    millie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are feeling more positive today, Simone - love the tags you have made:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mnay thanks for your funny comment on my blog - The Eric Morceombe comment made me laugh so much!!! If you look closely at my photo - through the left lense ant the top of my head, you will see the grey coming through!! You will also see my other dilemma with dying hair and that is my eyebrows are still very dark. The Alistair Darling look doesnt even look good on Alistair Darling!!!
    I hope you contine to feel more postitive. Ive just read a really great book which I will be sharing which I'm sure you will like. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tags, cute drawings! I am going to jump to Uri's website!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those tags they are wonderful
    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great story - well done you and Uri! Your makes are lovely. Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the tags so much! A giveaway is a lovely idea. I'm glad you feel better, and are finding things and people that help cheer the dark wintry days. The little frog is so neatly stitched- and made me smile. Hope you have a good day. Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. have just been over to your kitchen

    am making toadlets (using vege sausages) for myself and the twins tomorrow :o) hope they turn out as nice as yours.

    warmest hugs xxx

    millie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Simone for your supportive comments on my blog. I shall definitely go check out the Uri Geller info. How nice of him to get back so soon, even to get back at all! I do like your giveaways, so I shall definitely be entering. Lovely crafty goodies, as ever! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad you're feeling better. It's wonderful when moods shift like that, like clouds breaking after grey days.

    ReplyDelete
  13. haha, i just can't get over that dancing frog. she really brightens my day :o)

    many thanks for all your kind words xxx

    wishing you a happy tuesday xxx

    millie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh no, sorry I missed yesterdays post glad you are feeling better today. I seem to be very up and down lately and thats not like me - I keep blaming the dark - bring on the light nights lol. Loving your froggie xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Buying yourself some treats along the way was the best thing to do! :)
    Lovely paperwork Simone, and how pretty is that frog?!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. 'attitude for gratitude', i love that. sorry to hear you have been low Simone. hope things are improving with the sunshine. i think whan the sunny days return i will be back to my usual chirpy self.. am thinking positive thoughts too.off to visit uri's website now.
    with love to you
    ginny x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!