Thursday 26 January 2012

Feeling Moody

I like the moodiness of this photo.  The darkness of the clouds in the foreground and the white cloud above drawing your eye towards it.  My moods swing like a pendulum lately.   I always seem so tired like a dog constantly chasing its tail.  Scenes like this give me a moment of calm.

Going for a walk also gives me a sense of calm. It is funny because when I am out and about walking, random words and sentences come into my head.  It is almost as though an older and wiser version of myself comes to give me a message or words of comfort.

Today these words came to me 'keep a twinkle in your eye and a song in your heart and you wont go far wrong'. I had a spring in my step all the way back home.

6 comments:

  1. Walking is great for lifting the spirit, in my experience. I don't do enough of it at this time of year. Walking alone is best for allowing those random thoughts and words - I don't like walking with people who want to natter all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I'm with you on the moodieness! I like chance happenings.
    Today I hopped on a bus that I wasnt going to get, to find the bus driver who drove me to college 20 years ago.
    Made me feel all warm inside.

    There are lots of little happenings that make life worth living!

    ps I havent sorted out your bead thingy yet, am I too late?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo Simone. :)
    I like the idea of an older, wiser version of yourself giving you words of wisdom!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't agree more. A good walk out in fresh air can blow the cobwebs away and have you thinking much clearer.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a mental image of you walking along looking at yourself in the future. Walking is good for the soul, striding is better. Stay smiley!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A good walk in the fresh air does lift the spirits and I always think of something that seems really wonderful as I'm walking but have forgotten the words by the time I get home! I like your 'walking words' :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!