200g bar milk chocolate (I used Cadbury's dairy milk)
200g sweetened condensed milk (I used 1/2 a 400g can)
100g icing sugar (sifted)
1 tsp vanilla extract
Extra chocolate to sprinkle or decoration of your choice
One 15 x 15cm tin approximately 3 cm deep
Baking parchment to line tin
- Line the tin with the parchment.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and place in heatproof bowl with the condensed milk.
- Place bowl over saucepan of simmering water making sure that the base of the bowl is not in contact with the water.
- Heat gently stirring the chocolate until it has completely melted and combined with the condensed milk.
- Remove from the heat stirring in any additional ingredients (optional), add the icing sugar and vanilla essence and stir together.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and level the surface with the back of a wet spoon.
- Sprinkle chocolate over the top (if using).
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Lift out of the tin and cut into cubes. Return to fridge and ideally leave overnight to firm up. (If you can wait that long!)