Thursday 26 May 2016

Self Observation

I am one of life's observers.  I don't interact much and feel more comfortable being the supporting act rather than the star.  I have worried for years about lacking ambition and when I was employed I had no desire to move up the ranks and was happy to stay put.  I feel that my lack of ambition has been viewed negatively by past employers and colleagues who only see promotion as a benchmark of progress/success in work.

Trying to make sense of myself and how others perceive me, I took a Myers-Briggs personality test.  My personality indicator came out as ISFJ which is introversion, sensing, feeling, judging.  I think the test accurately describes me. EDITED 21 June 2016 . I was incorrect with the test.  After redoing the test and finding a report on when I had done it previously, I am a INFP personality type and this one DEFINITELY describes me!!!

I have recently found out that I was born under a balsamic moon and that cancer was in my mid heaven at the time of my birth.

In western astrology I have: sun in Aries, rising sign Libra, Moon in Pisces

In vedic (jyotish) astrology: sun in Pisces, rising sign Virgo, Moon in Aquarius

I don't know if it is helpful (as yet) to collate all this (useless?) information about myself.   I do know that I want grounding though and if putting myself in various labelled boxes helps me to do this it will all be worthwhile.

5 comments:

  1. Another beautiful photo from your garden.
    Not everyone has the need to keep moving on up the ladder. Some of those who do leave behind a lot of mess for others to clear up!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not everyone is ambitious but I don't see that as necessarily a bad thing.
    We are all different, just enjoy being you Simone!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best jobs I've been in have been those where the small group or team I worked with were content with their jobs, loved their work and wanted to stick with what they knew it made for a happy, cheerful and efficient working environment where we all helped each other. One job I was unhappy in was where half of the team were ambitious and it made for an insecure, back biting, judgemental kind of atmosphere and wasn't pleasant. Just my observations and experiences but for me ambition and high status aren't everything, happiness and usefulness are important and satisfying. Lovely rose photo. Have a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just as greenrabbits says, be yourself.

    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. live in a moment with precious memories and positive future intentions thats all



























































































































    ea












    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!