Monday 7 November 2016

Bracelet Display Holder in Three Easy Steps

I don't have the time or the budget for fancy display stands for my craft stall just now, so I have scoured the house to see what I items I can use/recycle etc.  I had an idea in my mind of what I wanted to achieve so gathered up the materials, in particular, to make a bracelet display stand.

Firstly, I used an off cut of fleece material and wrapped it around a cardboard tube that was left over when I had finished with a roll of cling film.  I didn't use glue,  I just wrapped it around the tube making sure there was an overlap and tucking the ends in each end of the tube.

In the kitchen drawer I found an old cork that fitted snugly into the candlestick that was on the mantelpiece.  I used a hot glue gun to stick the cork into the middle of the tube making sure plenty of glue was used all around the cork to keep it stable.

I then cut a small piece of fabric to pull over the cork to hide the messy glue residue, sticking down with a few drops from the glue gun.

I don't think  my display stand would win a prize, but it just goes to show what you can achieve when under time pressure,with few resources.  The creative thinking cap has to come on!

6 comments:

  1. Wildly creative and just the thing to showcase your beautiful jewelry. Sure wish I could attend this event, Simone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe you are clever Simone, what a brilliant idea and perfect for the job!!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that works well! How clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a simple but very effective idea, Simone:)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!