Sunday 24 September 2017

Lone Swan

I feel a little like the lone swan in the photo today.  Yesterday my son went off to University.  He will be home for Christmas.  I wasn't there when he left.  I said a brief goodbye and went into town to spare my emotions.  He made contact when he was safely on the train and then again when he reached his accommodation.  He'll be fine.  I'll be fine.  We just need to make adjustments to our new routines.

Today is the third day of autumn.  It is so hot and I can't wait for the daily temperature to drop!  I had a long walk up to the farm shop to buy some organic vegetables and was sweltering by the time I reached there.  Armed with two bags of veggies I stopped for a moment under the willow tree to cool off and gaze out into the lake.  That is when I saw the swan.  A moment of serenity on a hot September day.

9 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel! It’s the end of an era but the start of something new and exciting for your son!
    I remember feeling quite redundant ; no more school runs!
    I recall my mum saying that she sat on my bed and wept when I went away.
    Hugs xxx ;-)


    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful photo that definitely suggests serenity, Simone. Change can be difficult, but what a wonderful opportunity for your son, and perhaps a new start for you, with more independence and time to pursue your own interests. Hope your weather cools off soon. It is also pretty hot here near Boston - more like July than late September! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo of the swan, You will miss you son very much whilst he is away from home. I'm glad that he kept you posted as to where he was on his journey and arrival. It has been hot enough to be in the garden weeding the raised beds and clearing our the shed. Take care:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful serene picture! Changes always seem strange at first but you will be fine soon. Xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got this ahead still, one year left. Wishing you a bright and cheerful week. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am so delighted for you, Simone, reaching the time of your life when you can begin to refocus on you without feeling as if you're taking time from motherhood. This is what you've raised him for after all, making his own way in the world.
    It has been way too warm here of late. Looks as if a change is due later this week. Though I haven't posted in over a month I do check in on you often and will be posting on my own blog soon. Life's been full this summer. I won't mind things slowing down a bit in the weeks ahead.
    Cheers to your own new adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. With my son moving out a few weeks ago I can empathise with you.
    Getting outside and enjoying the beauty of the world around us is good for the soul.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Life is filled with chapters and sometimes it's hard to turn the pages. May you find new freedom, new inspiration and new opportunities as your role as a Mum shifts a bit. Sending you love and comfort. xo

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!