Thursday 12 April 2018

Staying Positive Under a Cloud

I have been embracing positive thinking for a while now.  I do find it difficult but I try to look for the positive in every situation.  It is hard.  Some days I find it almost impossible.  The odds seem stacked against me in all that I do.  I know that the weather hasn't helped my mood this year as the grey skies seem unrelenting.  This spring holiday I managed to get into the garden for one day to cut the grass and it has rained ever since.

Yesterday I had a chance meeting with an old friend.  I was so glad to see her.  She is one of those people who make you feel good about yourself.  She is quietly confidant and encouraging and a supporter of chasing dreams.  Our time together was brief but enough to fan the flame of my hopes and ambitions for a while longer..........

In the garden the soil is cold and even the weeds are struggling to thrive.  Looking at the positive - the snakes head fritillaries are doing nicely and have increased in population since last year.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you had a lovely meeting with your friend, I do agree about the grey, it hasn't been the best spring so far but hopefully that will change soon!
    Love your snakehead fritillaries, mine all disappeared sadly.
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lovely to catch up with friends and it stops you wallowing. Sometimes it is just hard to push yourself through the sad times but glad you are persevering. I here brighter weather is on its way! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always good to catch up with an old friend. The fritillaries are wonderful and a sign that the long awaited Spring is almost here, they say it will be warmer and drier next week, I do hope so as our garden is flooded in places and it is hard to imagine it will ever be dry again. Stay positive Simone:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just one the prettiest flowers and to find they are thriving is a real bonus.
    Glad to hear the chance meeting was a bit of a pick me up for you.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This flower is beautiful, Simone. I've been catching up with your blog and am sending you an email. So glad you had that encouraging meeting with a friend. xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!