Friday 14 December 2018

Home for Christmas

My son's home for Christmas. When I heard the wheels of the suitcase roll up the drive it was as though all my Christmas wishes came at once.  He is my inspiration and a pure joy to be around.  We share the same sense of humour and before long I was laughing until I could hardly breathe! 

I made sure that the house was looking festive for his return but as it was late, the mince pies are still in the kitchen untouched.

It is grey, overcast and cold today but after an necessary early outing to pick up a parcel, I am cosy and warm inside the house.

14 comments:

  1. Oh Simone. Enjoy the time with your son. There is nothing as precious as being together. Your home is lovely, by the way. Thanks for inviting us in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderfully festive and cosy your home looks for your son to return to. Enjoy the next few weeks having him at home again:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie. Thank you for your card too. x

      Delete
  3. Thank you for your comment today Simone, your home is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe isn't it great when they return, my boy will be home next weekend!
    Enjoy the time with your son Simone.:)
    V x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vivienne. My 'boy' is now a bearded man!!! x

      Delete
  5. You are looking very festive Simone - enjoy your time together at Christmas. Thank you for your card - mine will be on its way - I have made my own this year and they are still drying - might have to get the hairdrier on them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I look forward to receiving your handmade card - how special! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely and cosy there Simone...and so glad to hear you have your son home now for Christmas. XxX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen. I am so glad he is home. x

      Delete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!