Monday 29 April 2019

Long Time No Blog

Just before my last blog post I got sick with a chesty cough and cold.  This took me aback as I have been healthy for ages.  Anyway, I'm back now although I now have a seasonal allergy to deal with!   After a hot Easter weekend the weather has taken a turn for the worst.  We had to put the heating on yesterday and today is not much better although at least it is brighter.

The wisteria is in full bloom.  We always have more leaf than flower and our wisteria is white rather than the more usual purple variety.  It smells delightful.

A while back I found this rooted Christmas tree just lying on the pavement on 'green waste' recycling day.   Although I had a full shopping bag over my shoulder I picked it up and took it home.  A couple of hours later I had it potted up.  It is a healthy looking little thing - about four feet tall and I am glad that I saved it from being shredded!

The blossom on my small potted apple tree is almost over.  I can see the beginnings of fruits starting to swell.  I must remember to feed and water my plant this year - last year I had no apples!

14 comments:

  1. So sorry to read that you have been unwell, Simone and I hope you are feeling much better now. Your white Wisteria is beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm much better now thanks Rosie. The wisteria is beautiful but has a very short flowering period. I like to photograph it for posterity! :)

      Delete
  2. It is good to see you back and I hope that you remain healthy for the rest of the year. Your Wisteria looks good, I wish I cold smell it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Toffeeapple. The wisteria smells so clean and fresh.

      Delete
  3. I was thinking about you this week and was about to email as you seemed to have been away longer than usual - sorry it has been because you were ill but glad you are over it now. What a find - the Christmas tree - I always thought you bought rooted trees so you can keep them but obviously some people don't. how lucky for the tree that you came along just in time.
    Your Wisteria is beautiful especially against the brickwork - such lovely soft coloured bricks - I am envious of both. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for thinking about me! I was surprised to see a healthy looking tree just chucked out on the pavement. I couldn't pass it by and knew it was meant for me!

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear you've been unwell Simone but hopefully you are fully recovered now!!
    Your wisteria is so beautiful, I can imagine how wonderful it smells. :)
    Well done on saving that little tree ... and fingers crossed for apples!!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vivienne. I am hopeful of at least a couple of apples this year! :)

      Delete
  5. Sorry you have been unwell but glad you are better. Good for you to rescue that tree! Imagine just throwing it away...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kay! Thank you. I just couldn't leave the tree just lying there.

      Delete
  6. Glad you are feeling better Simone. That wisteria is beautiful, it is always such a relief when everything starts flowering again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. The wisteria has almost finished now but I have lily of the valley in bloom.

      Delete
  7. I am glad you saved the tree too! Sounds like the sort of thing I would do.
    Our blossom is still going strong (we are a bit colder up here!) i'm looking forward to some apple crumble later in the year. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lyn! Thanks for your comment. I don't know if you are colder up there anymore! It has been pretty cold down south this holiday weekend. I hope I can grow enough apples for a crumble. :) x

      Delete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!