Wednesday 15 January 2020

Beryl Gemstones

I don't buy for myself very often but when I do it is often an impulse buy.  I recently bought these beryl semi precious gemstones with a view of making myself something with them.  Beryl is the generic name of aquamarine, morganite, heliodor, maxixe, goshenite and emerald.

Interestingly the dark green beryls are known as emeralds whereas the lighter tone ones are just called green beryl but aquamarine is still called aquamarine no matter the depth of the blue colour.  

 
I am happy that I have quite a few aquamarines on this strand.  I know they are only bead quality but they are aquamarines nevertheless!  Some have more clarity than others but the saturation of colour is pretty good on most of them.

The pink/peach stones are morganite and such soft and pretty colours.  Not too sure what I am going to make with these yet.  I shall have to put on my thinking cap.

11 comments:

  1. They are very pretty - I look forward to seeing what you make with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are spring and summery tones and remind me of birds eggs! :)

      Delete
    2. I meant Easter eggs!!! :)

      Delete
  2. I would be tempted to simply handle them and look at them for quite some time before making any thing with them. The colours and the shapes are beautifully soft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I think I need time to look at them individually and see what transpires. :)

      Delete
  3. These are beautiful! I love the soft tones of the colors and they all go together quite well. Yes, something this lovely will probably speak to you in time as to what you should do with them. I find that with certain fabrics I am inspired as to what to make with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really pleased with them. They are so tactile. :)

      Delete
  4. I love aquamarine, it's such a pretty colour .... looking forward to seeing what you make Simone!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aquamarine is one of my favourites as it is my birthstone! x

      Delete
  5. The gem stones are very pretty Simone, such lovely colours. I look forward to seeing what you do with them:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will play with them a bit longer before committing to anything. :)

      Delete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!