After the weather people threatening snow for the last few days, we finally had a sprinkling. Not white, fluffy snow but sleety snow that dissolved on reaching the ground. It is bitterly cold though.
Sometimes the January blues can come on with no real reason but my reasons are as follows:
- Trying to get washing dry in a cold, damp and literally rotting conservatory.
- Having to dry clothes over radiators or the clothes horse next to the radiators.
- My son poorly with a chest infection.
- A continual feeling as though I am about to 'come down' with something.
- The main phone line down since Friday (I don't own a mobile phone).
- Condensation running down all the windows in the house (except in the dining room shown above).
- and the worst thing of all, the smell of a dead rat in the downstairs toilet! I know it is the smell of a dead animal because we had baits set many years ago in a house we lived in and it is the exact smell of the corpses.
Now to look at the bright side!
- There is talk of us maybe buying a tumble dryer (time to move into the 21st Century!)
- My son is feeling a bit better.
- A phone Engineer has arrived to sort out the phone problem.
- Once the temperature warms up I am going to give the house a clean and spruce up.
- The smell of the dead animal should have subsided by Spring!!!