Tuesday 7 July 2020

Citrine

Citrine is one of my Crystal Healers set of paintings.  Citrine is comforting, uplifting and happy! 

I had set myself a goal of painting 8 Crystal healers by the end of July using gouache paint.  I painted three: rose quartz twice, and then amethyst and then I decided enough was enough!  I hated painting with gouache!

Yesterday I went back to my watercolour paints and I am so glad I did.  I was miserable painting with gouache and with smooth hot press paper and multi-media paper.  The painting above is done on paper almost older than me!  It is vintage watercolour paper made in Somerset, England in the 1960's.  It was a pleasure to work with and I still have many more sheets to use.

My next character will be Aquamarine......................unless I change my mind!

10 comments:

  1. You gave that paint a chance and discovered it was not for you. If you had not done that you would have always wondered about it. I love what you've done here. She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bonnie. You always give such thoughtful and encouraging comments! :)

      Delete
  2. It's good to try new things even if you eventually return to what you know and enjoy the most. Citrine does look very happy:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so looking forward to working with gouache Rosie but it didn't live up to my expectations. I may return to it again one day - but not for now! :)

      Delete
  3. Well now you know ... it was good to try it but you've found out what suits you best.
    Love Citrine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I disappointed myself in not loving it more Vivienne but watercolour definitely suits me better! :)

      Delete
  4. I quite understand, you were out of your comfort zone but you gave it a try but it didn't work. The picture is so pretty. I find that with my patchwork I know its not going to work with certain colours or fabrics.

    Julie xxxxxxxx

    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I tried it Julie but don't think I will be using it any time soon! x

      Delete
  5. Hi Simone. Thanks for your comment on my blog about fox poo - I don't think we have communicated before so I popped over to have a chat. Your painting is beautiful, so delicate. Thanks for visiting - do call again - I shall try and put you on my side bar - I am not always successful but we shall see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat! I have commented on your blog several times in the past. I often read your blog and John Gray's and Rachel's too. Thank you for your kind comment about my painting. :)

      Delete

Comments are moderated on this blog so it may be a while before your comment appears. I will try to leave a response to your comment where possible. Thank you so much for reading!